Friday, March 27, 2009

#11 A Question of Honor

Written by English teacher and blogger Dana Huff, this novel takes the reader on a journey to May Days, romance, long walks, transformations, and, yes, reformations.

Gwen, the main character, is someone with whom the reader can easily connect, despite possible differences in ages and great expanses of time and distance. As a mother, I want to mother her. As a teacher, I want to help educate her. As a friend, I want to say, "Now, Girlfriend, this is what you should do....really!"

Full of action, this novel's plot continues to develop, keeping one wondering, questioning, grasping for clues as to how the many conflicts will resolve. Will Gwen marry her one true love? Will she find family and develop healthy, lasting relationships? Will she ever develop an identity that is uniquely hers? Will the bonds of friendship survive the varied challenges each character faces?

As I read to the final pages, I found myself anxious to read the next novel in this series...except that this is not a series! Thus, my hope is that one day when Mrs. Dana has any extra time in her very busy schedule she will continue with the adventures of Dafydd, Madoc, and Richard, for each has story of his own waiting to printed on paper.

An awesome edition to my growing library...and a great read to share with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I just found out you reviewed this. Thanks so much! I actually started a sequel for Dafydd some time back but didn't get very far. Thanks for the kind things you said about my book!

    ReplyDelete