Saturday, January 2, 2010

#48-52: Christmas Combo of Novels ~ 2009

Over Christmas, I read a montage of fiction books...all for my pure reading entertainment.

#48: Daughters of Lancaster County: The Storekeeper's Daughter

  • I completed the first of the three in this series...am currently reading novel two The Quilter's Daughter. I enjoy books about the ways of the Amish.
#49: I, Alex Cross
  • If only James Patterson would write more quickly...and thanks to my mother-in-law for loaning me this one and for sharing an interest in books with me! Yes, a good read for those followers of Alex Cross.
#50: The Perfect Christmas
  • My daughter Holly bought Debbie Macomber's new Christmas novel for me for Christmas...she even signed it...my daughter, that is.
#51: The Mortal Instruments Series: City of Bones
  • With this novel, I began another vampire...and other sorts of persons...series...and quickly became hooked. Shhh...yes, I like this series even better than the Twilight series!
#52: The Mortal Instruments Series: City of Ashes
  • Upon finishing this novel, I searched my classroom and our high school library over Christmas for the third novel, hoping to complete this series in 2009, but quickly found all copies were checked out, testifying to the validity of my claim that this is a well-liked series. Now hoping that a copy is quickly checked in after the break!

Would love to have read more, both over Christmas Break and throughout 2009...but other projects gained precidence...now looking forward to a great year of reading in 2010.

Enjoy...and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment