Monday, December 26, 2011

December Reads: Books #52-55.5

Christmas has come and gone...amazing!  With the passage of December, thus far, I have read three Christmas novels and, along with the season, have enjoyed these literary creations

The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson

A quick read, this one tells the story of a mom who invited all her kids home for Christmas and to her wedding to a groom she has yet to announce...from the three who have proposed.  Interesting dilemma!  One that I enjoyed, though!  More info here on the James Patterson website...

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods

The O'Briens have fallen in love and desire to remarry, but mother Meagan holds out for the approval of all her children.  As I completed this one, I wished for the next in the series.  Ah..will have to wait for next year, I suppose!  AND according to the Sherryl Woods website, I am year behind in this series.  Uh, oh!

A Log Cabin Christmas Collection by various authors

Last year, I began the first in what I now think is going to be a series of these short story collections....A Prairie Christmas Collection. I only completed half of the short stories then, so I resumed where I stopped, and then while shopping for a Christmas present in a local Christian store for a friend, I found A Log Cabin Christmas Collection.  Now, I just hope there is a third installment to this series!

Shakespeare Christmas by Charlaine Harris

The third in the Lily Bard series, this novel takes the reader to Lily's home town for her sister's Christmas wedding and a few murders.  I just love this series!  Lily, a survivor of a brutal rape, works hard to become physically independent (she's very strong now), has a hunky boyfriend (her past scars do not deter him), cleans houses for a living (this just makes her even more believable to this working mom), and assists in solving crimes (in her spare time, of course!).

I went in search of the next in this series, but having misplaced it from myself, I instead chose Richard Paul Evan's The Christmas Box Collection.  December is not over yet!  Good, so far...more on that to come!

I hope your holiday is finding the gift of books in your life also!

2 comments:

  1. I hear the Shakespeare's Christmas (Lily Bard Mysteries, Book 3) by Charlaine Harris is good....I'm a little iffy on the Lily Bard series just because I have read the Sookie Stackhouse books and LOVE that series, it's hard for me to think of Harris writing anything other than vampire lit LOL :) Good luck to you and also, welcome to the Outlander reading challenge I see you signed up! I look forward to having you be a part of out group! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily Bard is my favorite...love her! You should spend a few hours with her and see if you like this character created by Harris!

    ReplyDelete