Sunday, May 13, 2012

23: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
For the online challenge of re-read the Harry Potter series, I just completed book four...quite the novel, all 734 pages of it!  I do appreciate when an author gives you your money's worth...AND so much better than the movie!

In this novel, we, the readers, learn about and attend the International Quidditch Cup and the Triwizard Tournament.  I remain ever amazed at J.K. Rowling's ability to continue to create such a world.  I did enjoy attending both!

I have enjoyed the re-read of all the novels in this series, thus far, but I must say this one is my favorite.  Why?

  •  I enjoy watching Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue to mature.  Even though the three of them often do not agree, Ron is still what Harry would miss the most.
  • I like the parts the other characters played:  Sirius and One-Eyed Moody. These two in particular seem to be guardian angels of sorts (I even like Moody's support...despite his...well, you know...)
  • I appreciate the role Mrs. Weasley plays in Harry's life.  I loved it when she showed up to support him in the last phase of the Triwizard Tournament.  Having experienced the loss of my mom this year, I especially know how Harry felt when he realized that she would be there for him.  I, too, have been blessed with several Mrs. Weasley's in my life...a blessing, indeed!


This re-read reminds me the importance and power of multiple reads.  I had forgotten so many of the details.  Thus, as I read, I know the end...I just am re-learning the paths they choose to take to get there.  This lesson I take back into the classroom with me, for we are striving towards this same goal:  multiple reads, delving deeper into text's meaning.

It's not too late to join this challenge!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment