Monday, May 26, 2014

Meme: What Are You Reading?

2aI came across this meme at Book Journey via my Feedly reader and Anita Loves Books blog.  With this being the last week of school, I am avidly planning some BIG reads...literally - The Way of Kings, Gone with the Wind, Moby Dick, The Goldfinch, and The Palace Walk...all 700+ pages.

To the present, though...I am currently reading the following:

For Me:
  • Richard Paul Evan's Walking on Water:  I love this series!  Fifth and final in the collection, I look forward to finding out how Alan resolves his issues with loss that initiated his walk and those he's encountered along the way.
  • Wm. Paul Young's Cross Roads:  A book chosen for our locally owned book store, this one I am behind reading due to a death in our family. 
For Professional Development:
  • 20 Strategies to Meet the Common Core:  Increasing Rigor in the Middle and High School Classroom:  I am still reading this one. Organized by topic that reads like a how-to manual, this one has been too easy to put down.
For Church:
  • Finishing up a Beth Moore's David study and looking forward to beginning her Children of the Day study.
I would be reading more...but for both book clubs, I have already read the chosen books (both my recommendations!):  A Year on Ladybug Farm (local book store) and Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind (faculty book club).

What are you reading good this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment