Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Books...and More Books!

Bringing home more books is the best reward after attending a two-day literacy conference...right?

My total haul:
  • three new books from a local Arkansas author
  • four used books from my now favorite bookstore in Conway, AR...Book Traders...one I purchased (The Last Apprentice:  Seventh Son) and three I selected from the free box!  Yay!  Building my class library...from scratch.  
  • one new book (Thunderhead...book 2 of the Scythe series...found in the bargain section!)...I just had to stop at Books a Million
  • eight more books total = wow!
Then...when I arrived home, waiting in the mail, two more books!  
  • Where Dandelions Bloom by Tara Johnson, author/speaker at our church's women's conference
  • The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs by Katherine Howe...who also write The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane...one of my all-time favorite books!)
Then...just this evening, my husband asked again for books two and three in the Divided We Fall Series...found them both at thriftbooks.com...for a good deal!  AND just went ahead and purchased three more sitting in my cart there:
  • Truthwitch...one of the books talked at today's conference...and the first in this series.
  • The Forgetting...a young adult novel on the Arkansas Teen Book Award nominee...need to read the five so I may vote.
  • Lilac Girls...one we will read for The Paper Chase Book Club in September.
I love books...

Now, to get back to reading my current read The Diabolic...sure wish I could remember for what book club I purchased this one...or who recommended it?!

What recent book purchase remains your favorite?

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment