Saturday, August 1, 2009

#30: Marked

I like Zoey Redbird...even better than Bella. Zoey, too, is a vampire, one who has just been marked and must now go through the change.

Authors P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast (mom and daughter duo - interesting!)begins thier House of Night series with Marked (followed by Betrayed...which is in the mail to me as I write this post).

Why will I complete this series quicker than I did The Twilight series?

NOT because of the too adult-like, yes, sometimes inappropriate content. (Why do young adult authors feel they must put in this content? While I do know such things occur, an author almost seems to promote such activities by displaying such actions in words.) But I digress...

MAYBE it's because I like these characters more? Not sure. Still a lot of fantastical events going
on. MAYBE because Zoey takes a stand for what she believes and affirms her faith by making a difference? Maybe.

DEFINITELY because I like these vampires better than the way in which Stephanie Meyer's portrays hers. Yes. Definitely.
A quick read, I fulfilled my commitment to my eighth grade girls in last semester's Lit Lab class who were devouring these books. Yes. I can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment