Thursday, January 6, 2011

1: Salting Roses

Salting Roses: A NovelSalting Roses, my first read for 2011, was an enjoyable read...for two main reasons:
  1. I really liked author Lorelle Marinello's characters...all of them:  Gracie, Art, Ben, Sam, Claire.  All different, all bonded together because of main character Gracie, who discovers that she was abandoned as a baby on Ben's porch, who later discovers that she is the missing heiress to the family fortune, a fortune to which she desperately does NOT want.
  2. Loved the title...and its meaning.  Very interesting!
Marinello's debut novel was a quick read, one that I enjoyed.  Yes, I will watch for more southern fiction from this author! Of course, I cannot share much about this as it would give too much away.  This is part of the appeal of the novel, for I continued reading searching for the meaning of that very unique title.

336 pages
Challenge:  Gillmore - More Reads in 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment