Sunday, January 16, 2011

3: The Magician

The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel)I completed a quick read of Michael Scott's second novel of the The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by completing The Magician in two days.  I really am enjoying this series.

Part of the hook continues to be Scott's explanation for all the wonders of the world and other justifications.  They make me smile!  :)  His use of unanswered questions also continues to appeal to me. As much as I want the answers, I am going to wait, hold off on novel three.  Why?  These novels are jam-packed with action.  After fighting the enemy for two days, one just needs a mind-break!  Plus, there are just so many novels in this series, and I do not want to complete them too soon!  Yes, it's much like dangling a carrot before my very own literary nose!

Again, I encourage you to begin this series and meet the characters:  Josh, Sophie, Flamel, Perenelle, Joan of Arc (yes, you read that correctly!), and many others.  Very interesting!  In glancing at novel three, I saw Shakespeare's name mentioned much...so this one will not wait long on me to read!

Read...yes, please read this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment