Saturday, December 29, 2012

61: The Graveyard Book

This novel I began in October for the RIP Challenge.  Then, when the deadline passed, I continued reading this one during DEAR time.  Then other book deadlines (our high school book club and in-class reads) took precedence.  Until today...

This is my first read by Neil Gaiman (author of Coraline and many others), and I enjoyed it.  Quite the different perspective. Nobody (Bod) Owens lives in a graveyard because his parents and sibling were killed, and the "residents" of the graveyard are now his family, offering him love and protection from those who also want him dead.

As a reader, I had no problem entering this world of the dead...and living.  Gaiman created a world that might appear to be written for young adults or older adults.  Yes, based on this novel, I will read more by Gaiman.  See here for list of his books.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment