Thursday, January 9, 2014

#2: Miss Julia Takes Over


Miss Julia Takes Over

The second in the series...and just as fun...Ann B. Ross's Miss Julia Takes Over continues the adventures of this very likable woman from North Carolina whose family continues to grow...as does she.

Full of adventure, multiple plot lines, and budding romances, these characters continue the plot lines began in the novel one.  Miss Julia, sixty-plus widow, whose family recently grew to contain her former husband's lady and their son (she must be a Christian to invite them within her home), just cannot keep her physical self out of one adventure after another...and tells it just like it is along the way.

I find myself continually grinning, laughing, and shaking my head in agreement as the plot quickly continues.  Full of dialogue and told in first person make getting into Miss Julia's head just impossible...and what a place to be!

In this one, Ross takes her readers to the world of racing and teaches those of us whose knowledge is lacking about this very popular sport to where Hazel Marie has been abducted and to where private investigator J.D. Hodges also teaches Miss Julia much about this career.  (Hint...one of those romances buds between Hazel Marie and J.D.)

This novel is my first read for the Paper Chase Book Clue here in my hometown.  I attended the meeting this week (without having first completed the novel...had to complete novel one first, of course!) and met some lovely ladies, ladies I look forward to getting to know better this year while conversing about books.

I have already shared the first novel with my mother-in-law and look forward to discussing Miss Julia with her.  I would love discussing Miss Julia with you, also...stop back by and let me know what you think of her!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment