Wednesday, May 20, 2015

11: The Power of Persistence


covergraphic1

Last Sunday, my discipleship training class completed Masterwork's study of Michael Catt's The Power of Persistence, for which I purchased and read the book on which the study is based, all about prayer and prayer and prayer.

This book I enjoyed immensely.  Totally.  So much so, I purchased a copy and presented to our pastor who attends the Sunday evening class and seemed to enjoy the study much himself.  I know I did!  I have taught this class for nearly three years, and this was, by far, my favorite study.

Michael Catt is the pastor of the church that has produced such movies as Facing the Giants, Courageous, and Flywheel, whose next movie War Room will be released later this summer. The success of these movies he completely attributes to the power of prayer.

Lifeway's Masterwork series created a seven-week study based on this book and took the group through various topics, such as warfare praying, praying for the lost, breakthroughs.  Amazingly so, the topics were so fitting on the weeks on which they fell within this study.

Full of testimonies, both modern and from former great leaders, page after page, chapter after chapter was full of inspiration and, again, such timely examples. Based on a recommendation by this author, I also purchased They Found the Secret, another book full of powerful testimonies...more about that soon!

Please read...this study I would do again; this book I will read again.

No comments:

Post a Comment