Tuesday, June 2, 2015

14: Kisses from Katie


Kisses from Katie

Here I wrote about Kisses from Katie in 2013...this morning...early this morning, as I stayed up very late...I finished this one again.  Such a joy!  Such reminders.

Blessed we are to live in America, in the land of abundance, where we have so little appreciation for the grandness of all we have.  Katie, who went as a missionary to Uganda in 2006 and stayed to become a "Mommy" to  14 young ladies, found her calling:  to love.  That should be my calling, your calling.  This calling of hers?  It stirred my soul as I realized the failure I am in this part of my life...and the accountability I must one day face.

What horrific circumstances witnessed...and witnesses...as she remains today in that country.  What amazing circumstances she witnesses, what rewards, as she fulfills the calling on her life, living where Jesus has placed her.  Please consider reading her blog here...especially this post, written for Mother's Day, about being a mom and pictured there with her 13 daughters.  Precious.  (Number 14...her story is related in the book.)

Really wish she would write another book.  Like she has the time in her oh-so-busy life!

Tonight, I go to my local book store's book club, where one of the ladies chose this book as our monthly read for June. So glad she did.  I have been blessed to re-read this book.

Interestingly enough, we have a guest scheduled to visit our church in a couple of weeks who himself will travel to Uganda in a month or so.  Reading this book has brought that county alive for me.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment