Thursday, June 4, 2015

16: Explore the Bible - Minor Prophets


Explore the Bible: Adult Personal Study Guide - Spring 2015 (HCSB) - LifeWay Reader

This past Sunday, our Sunday School completed the study of the minor prophets, a study organized by Lifeway for adults.  So interesting and informative.  May I admit that I had never studied this books?

Because I lead/teach one of our classes, I learn more.  Yes.  That's just how it is, isn't it?  I am always encouraging others to step up and lead a class, for there they will learn as they have never learned before.

Why are they called minor prophets?  The message they had was short, usually the books were one to three chapters.  This is the first lesson I need to learn from this study:  say what needs to be said and then hush.  Right!?

This study also reiterated that the books of the Bible are not in chronological order.  No, I don't know why.  That might be some interesting research, though.  In the meantime, I do encourage a chronological read of the Bible.  I am working on that now...all over I go, flipping back and forth.  Very interesting...also very interesting how much more I am learning!

Next, we study I, II, III John and Revelation.  Yes, I have whole lot of learning coming my way!

Happy reading...and studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment