Monday, December 28, 2015

26: Not I, But Christ

This book Not I, But Christ was the basis for a book study with my Sunday evening Discipleship Training class.  What should have been a four-week study turned into about a three-month study, as we paused and discussed and reflected and studied and dove into the topics within this book.

Part of Lifeway's Masterwork series, this one caused us to pause and focus on the centeredness of our faith:  Christ, further learning more about His Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification, a new word study for me, one I needed!

Written by Stephen Olson, this read was more difficult for me, due in part, I think, to the writer's style, as I would read...and stop...and re-read, always attempting to further understand what he was conveying.  Maybe it was the topic?

I no longer own this book.  One evening, three teachers from China visited with us. After their expressing much interest in the topic and then overhearing our pastor's wife say she wished we had a copy of the book for them, I passed my copy along.  This is a step in the right direction for me, for I am a book hoarder.  No doubt.  Very serious.  I love books.  Probably too much.  Fortunately for me...my husband says one cannot have too many books.  Bless him!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment