Monday, December 28, 2015

27-29: Christmas Reads

This season I read three of the four Christmas fiction reads that I had hoped to read.  I did enjoy all of them, though.

  1. Christmas in Cedar Grove by Debbie Macomber:  This one I read for book club.  This group of ladies always choose a book about Christmas.  This one actually had two novels included, both of which I enjoyed.
  2. The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans:  The second in a series of three (not a trilogy...as all can be read independently), this one told the story of a female romance writer (hint:  here it would be helpful if you had read book one!).  While at a writer's conference, she meets who will become of the love of her life.  I have always enjoyed everything I have read by Evans (his The Walk series remains my favorite!).
  3. Home for Christmas, a collection of novellas by four authors, one of whom is Colleen Coble: these four short stories interwove the stories of for four siblings separated when young upon the death of their mother.  A grand collection of stories of hope, these entertained me during the evenings just before Christmas.
As much as I love books, I still remain amazed this Christmas that I never receive books for Christmas.  Is Santa not getting the message?!  Never fear!  I ordered three today!  :)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment