Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020's Reading Goals

2020 Reading Goals:  I am not joining any online reading challenges as I want to focus on the following:
  1. to read an average of one book per week = minimum of 52 books
  2. to read half of my goal from my own TBR pile = 26 books
  3. to complete books for book clubs before the meeting time (love book clubs!)
  4. to read more series (love series!)
  5. to completely read more professional books = minimum of five books received via ASCD membership
  6. to read more ebooks 
  7. to continue to read more young adult books
Purposefully, I have chosen to not participate in any online reading challenges.  I want to!  Due to my ever-increasing personal library, this is the year to focus more on reading what I have already purchased.

These goals are attainable.  May we check out my current three reads (books I already own) to see if they meet the goal(s)?
  1. All the Light We Could Not See:  This one I started in 2019 and am on page 113 of 539.  This will sorta...maybe...fulfill #3.  This was for a book club.  If only I could go back in time!
  2. Blood Fever:  Also one I began in 2019.  This is for #7...and was for a book club began on the spur of the moment with some students.  On page 122 of 337.  
  3. Scythe:  This one was recommended by a student several years ago...and another student just asked before Christmas if I would purchase book three in the series, which confirmation of this one's popularity.  This one would help fulfill goals #2, 4, 7.  Winner!
Now...to finish these before we return to school on Monday!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment