Sunday, August 28, 2011

45: The City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, Book 4)Cassandra Clare continues her The Immortal Instruments series in The City of Fallen Angels as she builds several of her characters, especially Simon who has just recently become a vampire...thinking Simon may now be my favorite character, for he seems to be the most "human" of all.  Weird, uh?

Before I began reading this one, in a discussion with a teacher-friend who is also hooked on this series (yes, I like it as well, if not better, than the Twilight series), she commentd the author must be going to write another one, for "she just can't let it end that way."  I agree...but that is all I can tell you!  (I did check out her website, and Clare is working on #5:  City of Lost Souls, coming in May 2012.)

Another note on the popularity of this novel...three students want this novel as soon as I return it to the school library.  Very proud of myself...I checked this book out, instead of buying it.  I am just too addicted to books, so in one small step to break this trend, I went to the shelf, read it, and did not annotate one single place in the novel.  (Annotation is part of the addiction, also!)  Now, I am excited to return it to school tomorrow and share!

Now, to begin The Infernal Devices series...book one The Clockwork Angel sits waiting on me.  (Yes, I bought that one!)  This series is actually the prequel to The Immortal Instruments series.  A flashback of sorts, I am assuming.

NOTE:  Cassandra Clare blogs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment