Monday, January 16, 2012

1: Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

So good!  My first read of 2012 was Elizabeth Gilbert's nonfiction reflection in Eat, Pray, Love on her journey to develop a more meaningful relationship with God.  Again, this is one of those books that I has sat on my bookshelf waiting on me...and waiting, for I had read the book before I can watch the movie, right?

Why did I wait so long?  God.  He knew this book would speak to me, right now, at this particular time in my life when I, too, am working on my relationship with God in a more intense manner than ever before in my life.

I absolutely love Gilbert's voice, her writing style.  She took me there, to Italy, India, and then Indonesia, teaching me so much about all three countries and so much else, about relationships, culture, religions, and, ultimately, about myself.

The human-factor is probably what I appreciated the most, though, about this book.  Elizabeth Gilbert is a woman, who is quick to point out, what to her, are flaws and one who is just as quick to rejoice in her achievements, whether they are personal, emotional, or spiritual.

Five Stars.  That's what this book receives from me.  Please read this one, for there is absolutely no way the movie can even come close to all the content contained within this great read.  Just to confirm that theory, though, I can now watch the movie!  Yay, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment