Monday, January 16, 2012

2: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Enjoyed this one more than I did the first time I read the Harry Potter series.  I had forgotten so many of the details...or maybe I did not even notice all of them during my first reading of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  And I noticed several hints of future stories to be read!

Harry and his friends, they are all just so young!  Mere babes!  I do appreciate the diversity of their characters:  Harry, the homeless; Ron, the red-head, and Hermione, the brain. All, individuals...yet all a team.

I am re-reading this series for the Harry Potter Re-Read Book Challenge, something I have wanted to do for some time.

Now, to re-watch the movie...such a good day for this.  No school today (MLK).  Plenty of time to watch as I prepare my husband's 50th birthday day dinner...:)

UPDATE!  Tuesday, January 17

Last night, we re-watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.  That was such an interesting experience...to have just completed the novel and then watch the movie.   I noted some deletions but was impressed with the amount of detail and scenes included within the movie.

Again, Harry, Ron, Hermione...just babies!  So cute...and brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment