Wednesday, April 11, 2018

NPM - Poem 11: The Shortest Song

The Shortest Song

Yesterday, in class,
A voice did proclam,
"Mrs. Gillmore, your song you sang?"

"Classroom dot Google dot Com!"
[Up one octave]
"Classroom dot Google dot Com!"

No rhyme.
Only two lines.

Every day,
Mulitple times,
These two lines I do refrain.

Why?

I like music.
Therefore, I like poetry.

I love music.
Therefore, I love poetry.

Then, the voices say,
"Your song I sang."

But.

"Your song continues to repeat.
It will not leave."

More.

Surely, more lines must come.

No.

No more are needed.

For by repeat two.
They have arrived.
Work must now thrive

at

"Classroom dot Google dot Com!"

Then...
Pandora moves in
With her voices they do blend,
As fingers type,
Now no more hype,
For Mrs. Gillmore's song
Now long gone.

Until

The bell rings.
More students for whom to sing.

Ready?
For words you now know.

"Classroom dot Google dot Com!"

No comments:

Post a Comment