Friday, January 2, 2009

#1 ~ Twilight: Why such titles?

I finished the first Twilight novel yesterday...first novel of 2009 for me! All the way through I wondered...why did Stephanie Meyers choose this title? Now, I know! Interesting! No spoilers here, though. Must read the novel for yourself to discover the meaning of this title!

I also questioned the apple on the cover...and noticed last night at the conclusion of the movie that the apple appeared...just as on the cover...uhmmm. I remember Meyers mentioning an apple early in the novel...I have some thoughts, though, about this one...might have to deal with temptations?

Did I like the novel? Yes...maybe a little anticlimatic since there was just so much hype regarding this novel.

Did I like the movie? Yes...a little disappointed in the Edward's character. He just seemed a little too much...too white. Too obvious.

Do I recommend the novel and movie? Absolutely! This is a fad, a trend that no one should miss. It's fun and gives one an opportunity to escape into such a different world...and another state. I agree with Penny Kettle concerning her comments about this novel at English Companion ning...Washington state is interesting with all its rain and green growth and beauty.

Up next for me: Inkheart...just have to read the novels before going to see the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment