Monday, March 19, 2012

11-13: More Frankenstein

Since we began Spring Break last Friday afternoon, I have read three novels...in an attempt to finish Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series...so that I can move on to more reads.  (I know I could pause and return, but there's something to be experienced by immersing one's self into a series!)

Of the four remaining in the series (I thought I had purchased every book in this series but found I did not have book four...so I skipped that one.  I discovered that did not hamper my understanding of the plot as details are repeated from book to book.)....

  1. City of Night
  2. Dead and Alive
  3. The Dead Town
With each novel, Koontz's characters became more gross and deadly...just a bit much for my taste...but those who enjoy this type of read, I am sure they would appreciate the horror.

I suppose I am more of a Romantic that I had even previously considered myself to be, for I did enjoy witnessing the budding romances between several of the characters, especially in book five The Dead Town.

As noted previously, I began this series for a book challenged the Classic Double hosted by One Librarian's Book Review.  It's not too late to join!  I am very excited to report that I was the chosen monthly drawing and was like a kid at Christmas when I received my prize...not one, but two books and several bookmarkers!  Thank you!

I chose to attempt the "large" = three doubles.  I just purchased a novel entitled Juliet...I have not read nor taught Romeo and Juliet in several years, so I shall begin there for my next double classic reads.

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment