Sunday, March 25, 2012

#15: The Hunger Games

Even better the second time around!

I attempted to re-read The Hunger Games before going to watch the midnight release of the movie.  Made it half-way through...then finished it the next day.  Not sure if reading the book made the movie even better or if watching the movie made the book even better.  Either way...or both ways...I really enjoyed both encounters with Suzanne Collins' novel.

I like the main character Katniss; she just seems so human.  She cares for humanity more than she does the leaders and rules and creeds of the time (this wording reminds me so much of the current topic we are studying on Sunday evenings of Jesus and the Pharisees and the Sadducees).  Interesting.

Also interesting is a review of the movie I read, in which the author suggests the novel is a work of satire...I can see that.  Going to ponder on that...would be a great way to re-introduce my juniors to that term.

Please consider seeing the movie...after you read the novel!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment