Monday, January 19, 2015

2: Big Little Lies



Liane Moriarty, an author from Australia whose books I had not read until this one, takes the reader into lives of kindergarten parents where a little lie has huge consequences.

In Big Little Lies, Moriarty weaves a narrative of motherhood, mayhem, and murder, with characterization so captivating that the pages turn before you know it.  From plain Jane, to talkative Madeline, to beautiful Celeste, characters are introduced that become our friends as we experience their problems, loss, and abuse.

Author's voice...I would be so interested to know if the voice in this novel reflects the author's "real" voice.  If so?  She and I would definitely be friends!  Reading this novel had the feel of sitting and talking with a friend.  I enjoyed that.

I will read more by this author...soon! This was a selection for this month's faculty book club...wonder if I might convince them to choose another book by this author?!

Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment